by Sven Magnussen
The Office of the Press Secretary for the President of the United States issued this memorandum:
For Immediate Release April 03, 2012
Presidential Memorandum -- Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs
MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE
SUBJECT: Unexpected Urgent Refugee and Migration Needs
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including section 2(c)(1) of the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act of 1962 (the "Act"), as amended, (22 U.S.C. 2601(c)(1)), I hereby determine, pursuant to section 2(c)(1) of the Act, that it is important to the national interest to furnish assistance under the Act, in an amount not to exceed $26 million from the United States Emergency Refugee and Migration Assistance Fund, for the purpose of meeting unexpected and urgent refugee and migration needs, including by contributions to international, governmental, and nongovernmental organizations and payment of administrative expenses of the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration of the Department of State, related to the humanitarian crisis resulting from conflict in South Kordofan and Blue Nile States of Sudan.
You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.
At 49 seconds: Lenore Romney, 1962, states George Romney, father of Willard "Mitt" Romney, was a refugee on welfare as a child.
Courtesy of Buzzfeed's Andrew Kaczynski Youtube Channel.
On June 28, 1962, the United States Congress approved the Migration and Refugee Assistance Act (MRA). The act authorized Congress to appropriate funds to provide assistance to refugees. Under the MRA of 1962, a refugee was defined as a non-U.S. citizen who fled their home country because of persecution or fear of persecution on account of race, religion, or political opinion.
Index of Articles by Sven Magnussen
- Grinols v. Electoral College Dismissed
- Only a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or U.S. Resident Living in the U.S. can be a Dependent on IRS Form 1040 in 1973
- Blog Wars! Orly attacks Sven Magnussen.
- Process Server Declared Obama Refused Service
- Orly Fights Back! U.S. District Court Judges Give Conflicting Orders for Serving Obama
- How to Subpoena Obama's Immigration File from DHS
- Obama Naturalized as a U.S. Citizen in 1983
- U.S. House General Counsel Responds to Taitz's Subpoena
- Serving a Summons, Complaint on the President as an Individual
- Grinols v. Electoral College; Motion for Reconsideration of Order; Obama Demands Service Through DoJ AG